Fasting during Navratras can leave your skin very dry. We chatted up with Poonam Sharma the MD of Vedic Spa Mantra (An amazing person by the way. You can read more about her here). So here are some organic beauty tips for Navratras from Poonam.
Its is advisable not to use artificial skin care products while fasting as skin is under stress due to lack of nutrients. We should try to go back to the nature and use home made recipes for better results. Commonly available ingredients like milk, curd, lemon, cucumber, honey, tomatoes, and olive oil can be used for skin treatment and rejuvenation during Navratras.
- Use of Aloevera gel as much as you can. It helps to keep your skin fresh and healthy. Aloevera has rejuvenating, healing and soothing properties.
- Avocado is a natural moisturizer and is a rich source of vitamin E, B vitamins, vitamin K, and natural oils. Use it for your skin miniaturization needs.
- Consume as much water as you can.
- Soak nuts and almonds overnight. Then make a paste of it missing with honey. It is a wonderful scrub and used for treating wrinkles, skin pores and blackheads. It also smoothes skin and improves complexion.
- Use yogurt for softening, hydrating, and bleaching your skin. Regular use will give you a glowing skin. Yogurt is also an excellent conditioner. Apply 1 cup of yogurt on your scalp and hair 30 minutes before shower.
[author] [author_image timthumb=’on’]https://beauty-mantra.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/poonam-sharma-vedic-spa-mantra-e1332423204569.jpg[/author_image] [author_info]Poonam Sharma is MD of Vedic Spa Mantra. She comes from the armed forces background and has traveled extensively all over the country. An alumnus of Lady Shri Ram College she learnt the basics of Ayurveda under the aegis of Badyanath’s famous Ayurvedacharyas. She is actively involved in numerous social initiatives. [/author_info] [/author]