This Article is Contributed By Dr Navin Taneja Director of National Skin Centre
Botox is the number one cosmetic procedure. It has a safe track record and millions of women and men of all skin types undergo some sort of botox procedure every year. Indians have embraced botox treatment in a big way. So lets understand what is botox.
What is Botox?
Botox is a natural purified protein. Its is used in wide range of beauty treatments like erasing wrinkles, fine lines, excessive armpit, pal, and feet sweating etc. It is also an effective treatment for migraine headaches. Botox is one of the most cost effective beauty treatments which makes it very popular.
Things to Keep in Mind Before Taking a Jab of Botox
- Only get treated by a qualified medical professional. With growing popularity of botox beauty treatment many shady and fly by night kind of operatives are opening shop. Always choose a reputed treatment center. Make sure the doctor/ center carries registered trademark.
- Before the treatment starts make sure the doctor conducts a thorough medical examination. The treatment is avoidable in presence of some infections. If one is pregnant, lactating, or planning to get pregnant then botox treatment should be avoided. People with neuromuscular diseases, hypersensitivity, allergy etc should get a green signal from a qualified doctor.
- If you are under medication consult your doctor. Do not take asprin.
Precautions After Treatment
Botox is a minimum hassle treatment. One can usually resume normal schedule right after the treatment. However there are certain side-effects and precautions one should keep in mind after a shot of botox.
- Though discomfort is minimum during the treatment there are certain side effects like burning, swelling, headaches, facial pain, dropping eyelids and flu like symptoms.
- Do not touch the treated area
- Do not take any beauty treatment on the botoxed area for a few days
- It takes about 3-4 days to notice change and effects of botox treatment can last upto 6 months.